Eating Out / Supermarkets / Deli’s
Eating out in Orford
• Scorchers by the river Pizza & Pasta Café – great wood fired pizza plus a selection of pasta dishes. BYO and licensed. Situated a 10 minute walk from the B&B or a 2 minute drive they also offer takeaway food to enjoy back in the Sanda House gardens or dinning room
• Gateway Café – traditional café serving breakfasts and lunches only. The offering includes pies, rolls, wraps., sandwiches, coffee, a selection of main meals as well as wines and other local produce. An ideal place to buy food for your day out on Maria Island
• Blue Waters Hotel & Bistro – a traditional Aussie pub and bottle shop serving a range of standard pub bistro food with a range of daily specials. The front bar now offers pizzas and toasties in the late evening when all the other restaurants close.
• Orford Road House – an ex petrol station this cafe serves authentic and tasty roadside café fare. Take-away or eat in.
• EastCoaster Resort – situated a few minutes north of Orford this restaurant features a variety of fine food including mouth-watering local seafood.
Eating out in Triabunna
• Spring Bay Hotel – a traditional Aussie pub serving a range of standard pub bistro fare.
• The Fish Van – set alongside the marina this van serves a range of freshly cooked seafood, chips, fritters, dim sims etc. A popular summer attraction that also features freshly caught seasonal seafood. In ‘cray’ season they also offer a crayfish roll
• Gallery Artspaces – located on the main street this cafe / gallery serves tasty breakfasts and lunches. It also offer gifts, local produce and books
• The Colonial TeaHouse – A step back in time to old world charm, service and quality food at affordable prices. Specialising in Tea & Coffee, Light lunches, Home made cakes, slices, pies and Devonshire tea.
• Tandara Hotel – set on the Tasman highway heading north just after the Triabunna turnoff this traditional pub serves a range of standard pub food with a few ‘specials’
Supermarkets, Butcher and Deli’s
• IGA Supermarket & Deli – Orford and Triabunna. Roast chickens are excellent.
• Triabunna Butcher – a great range of local meats ideal for barbequing. Lamb and steaks are excellent
• Spring Bay Seafood – Triabunna. Spring Bay Seafood produce some of the finest Blue Mussels in Australia and processes both farmed and wild Tasmanian scallops. They are of premium quality because in Tasmania we are fortunate to have some of the purest, coldest water in the world. Available for purchase direct from the processing facility.