Eating Out / Supermarkets / Deli’s
Eating out in Orford
• Scorchers by the river Pizza & Pasta Café – great wood fired pizza plus a selection of pasta dishes. BYO and licensed. Situated a 10 minute walk from the B&B or a 2 minute drive they also offer takeaway food to enjoy back in the Sanda House gardens or dining room
• The Bridge Café – A great little cafe right at the entrance to Orford. Currently under new ownership and is gradually being upgraded. At the moment they are serving coffee and cakes but stay tuned for some exciting developments
• Blue Waters Hotel & Bistro – a traditional Aussie pub and bottle shop serving a range of standard pub bistro food with a range of daily specials. With a new chef recently our guests have been very pleased with the food.The front bar now offers pizzas and toasties in the late evening when all the other restaurants close.
• Orford Road House – an ex petrol station this cafe serves authentic and tasty roadside café fare. Take-away or eat in.
• EastCoaster Resort – situated a few minutes north of Orford this resort features the “Spring Bay Seafood & Wine Bar”. The restaurant features a variety of fine food including mouth-watering local seafood and other specialties with an Asian inspired twist. A range of local wines, beers and ciders is also available. .
Eating out in Triabunna
• Spring Bay Hotel – a traditional Aussie pub serving a range of standard pub bistro fare.
• The Fish Van – set alongside the marina this van serves a range of freshly cooked seafood, chips, fritters, dim sims etc. A popular summer attraction that also features freshly caught seasonal seafood. In ‘cray’ season they also offer a crayfish roll
• The Colonial Food & Wine – A period cafe featuring coffee, teas, cakes and light meals.
Supermarkets, Butcher and Deli’s
• IGA Supermarket & Deli – Orford and Triabunna. Roast chickens are excellent and both have deli sections..
• Triabunna Butcher – a great range of local meats ideal for barbequing. Lamb and steaks are excellent. They also have a great tasty range of burgers, chicken wings, skewers, etc. that are ideal for a BBQ at one of the many public BBQ’s in the area
• Spring Bay Seafood – Triabunna. Spring Bay Seafood produce some of the finest Blue Mussels in Australia and processes both farmed and wild Tasmanian scallops. They are of premium quality because in Tasmania we are fortunate to have some of the purest, coldest water in the world. Available for purchase direct from the processing facility.